[Coco] Gotek floppy emulator

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 14:48:53 EST 2016

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016, Michael Brant wrote:

> Quite interesting.  I have a few goteks but since my move haven't got
> around to trying them yet.

Well, I'm sorry to report that I'm not getting positive results from the
HxC/Gotek here.  It goes through the motions in that I can create a blank
image with the correct geometry and format it under Nitros9.  On occasion,
I can subsequently copy a single file and do a directory listing that
shows the file.  But, multiple file copy with DSAVE fails 100% and leaves
the emulation image corrupted and unusable.

>From my experience, this is indicative of timing and latency issues, It
may be possible to work around it by coding additional delays into the
1793 driver, but I don't have time to go there at the moment.

I'll at least let Jeff (HxC developer) know of the problem and see if he
can suggest anything.