[Coco] RGBDOS, HDBDOS, and key repeat

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Feb 12 15:27:24 EST 2016

Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:
> Brett, according to the hdbdos source, Flexi-key, which is the same utility used for key repeat in rgbdos, is located at the very end of hdbdos.
 >I can't seem to find the key repeat sequence in the the flexikey code (I may
be missing something), so it may have been removed to make
 >room for all different drive formats.
>
> Bill Pierce

Guys,

Here is the answer. HDBDOS is based on RGBDOS (RGB Computer Systems) sold with
Ken-Ton hard drive systems. Both contain Flexi-key by Colin Stearman.
RGBDOS for emulators is also based on RGBDOS but has extra code that I added.

The repeat key code within RGBDOS for emulators may have been in the original
article by Colin Stearman (which I can't find) but it was not within the
Flexi-key section of RGBDOS or HDBDOS.
There may or may not have been room in HDBDOS for this extra code.

KREP	tst	>KEYREP
	beq	X@
	LDX	#KEYBUF
A@	LDA	,X+