[Coco] Coco 3 Memory Map Questions

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Tue Feb 9 10:18:56 EST 2016

On 2016-02-09 04:06, Arthur Flexser wrote:
> I believe the $FFFx vectors were in fact mapped to $BFFx in the earlier
> CoCos. So this is apparently not true in the CoCo 3, then?  Does $BFFx in a
> CoCo 3 therefore contain unused leftover vectors?

That is correct. Additional confusion exists because the "leftover"
vectors at BFFx have also been modified to match the real ones. However,
examination of FFF0 and the contents of the actual ROM at BFF0 and FFF0
shows the FFFx range comes from the actual upper bytes of the ROM. (FFEx
also comes from the the high bytes of the internal ROM based on the same
testing.)

A completely definitive test could be done by someone who has the
capability to burn a replacement ROM for the coco3. Simply change the
bytes at BFFx in the new ROM and observe whether the bytes at FFFx change.