[Coco] Utility of large MPI (was: Re: ROM Cart registers)

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Feb 2 18:24:48 EST 2016

 Wireless drivewire can be easily done with either WiFi or Bluetooth USB adapters for the dw4 cable... some have done this already. No Coco modification needed. The cable could then be shortened to just a Coco serial plug with a WiFi/Bluetooth module sticking out of it... or just hardwired to the serial port internally and hidden inside the Coco.

MIDI is already available through DW4 (in both NitrOS9 and HDBDOS) and can be re-routed on the PC to any available MIDI device connected to the PC (including any software synths or hardware units), but a true MIDI Uart and MIDI port for MIDI without DW4 "would" be nice (maybe even a USB MIDI port, the current standard and faster). I currently use up 1 of my MPI slots just for my MIDIpak. I use it to control my Fender CyberTwin guitar amp while the MIDI music is playing through DW4 into a high quality software synth on my PC... My CyberTwin changes programs and effects while I'm playing guitar along with the music, all connected to my mixing console in the studio.
Ya gotta luv the Coco and NitrOS9 :-)

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/