[Coco] My Blog recording the steps I'm going through Transcoding Pac Man Z80 code to 6809 for the CoCo 3

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 29 21:42:10 EST 2016

On 30/12/2016 1:09 PM, Glen Hewlett wrote:

> I’ve started a weblog detailing the translation of Pac Man from Z80
> CPU to the CoCo 6809.  If you want to read up on the process visit
> the link below.

Nice!

Many years ago I started to patch the original Pacman arcade ROMs to run
on the TRS-80 Model 4. Here are the results (scroll down):

<http://members.iinet.net.au/~msmcdoug/sitrs/index.html>

In the process I did some reverse-engineering of the code but didn't get
very far into it from memory; probably nothing of any use to you
especially if you've got those other resources you mention on your blog.

I could probably get it playable on a rotated screen without too much
issue on the Model 4 - much like Space Invaders it should only require
patching in certain areas as the Model 4 memory map with the hires
screen effectively gives you the entire 64KB to play with! As it is it
runs through the attract mode.

Good luck, looking forward to your results!

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall
<http://retroports.blogspot.com.au>