[Coco] Space Invaders - Translated from Intel 8080 to Motorola 6809 for the CoCo 3

camillus gmail camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 10:15:06 EST 2016

Hi,

I'm kind of interested in 6502 to 6809 coe translation. Do you have experience with this or know of any computer aid software to do this?

Any info about this I would appreciate.

cb
On 12/29/2016 6:09:57 AM, Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au> wrote:
On 29/12/2016 2:54 AM, Glen Hewlett wrote:

> I was thinking that with a 6502 to 6809 translation that someone
> could port the Apple II or Pet to the CoCo 3. Of course you couldn’t
> play any machine language games but you probably could run basic
> games made for those systems on the CoCo translated version. I think
> that would be cool to see…

I think someone had (Z80) CP/M running on the Coco3 a while back...
haven't heard much more about it lately.

The Apple II (software) is a good candidate for the Coco3 because of the
similar graphics modes and - to a degree - CPU. Lode Runner translated
fairly well to 6809 in the end...

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall