[Coco] Printing from Disk Extended Color Basic (via Drivewire)

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Dec 23 07:52:17 EST 2016

Barry, I'm not sure of what bytes need to be sent to init the print, but the HDBDOS_DW (or Becker) read/write entries are:

read  jsr [$D93F]  (actual routine at $DB47)
write jsr [$D941]  (actual routine at $DB15)

According to the DW4 WIKI (out of date), send control byte $50 then byte of print data. $50 MUST be sent before each byte.
This fills the dw4 print queue.
When finished sending bytes, send $46 to flush the print buffer.

As far as baud, HDBDOS handles the baud (I think) so if you're using the proper hdbdos for each machine (Coco 1, 2, or 3), then one print sub-routine should work on all.

As a note, Aaron mentioned ways to redirect this command so it actually goes to the printer instead of a file. I do not remember the method or cmds needed.

The "printer mode" must be set to the format needed prior to starting the print cycle. It can be ascii text or epson emulated for graphics. This is done through the DW command set and different from above.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com