[Coco] Commodore 64. 1541 disk drive

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Tue Dec 13 19:41:57 EST 2016

hehe, I could probably whip you up an adapter :-)

But, you could only read/write Commodore formatted disks :-)

Still, wouldn't that be a weird thing to see...

Not to get into a flame war, but it is a shame the Tandy Coco machines
did not have an intelligent drive like the 1541.  That foresight from
Chuck Peddle allows the drive medium and format to be largely
independent of the machine.  Adding multi-gigabyte drives to the CBM
platform is trivial compared to the sector/offset/etc. work and DOS
changes needed on the Coco platform.

I know, I know, the Coco has the 6809, and OS/9, I'll go away now.

Jim