[Coco] Jason Scott is awesome... Re: Working on Coco Files

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 14:03:38 EST 2016

On 12-Dec-16 10:07, John W. Linville wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 09:05:52AM -0800, Mark D. Overholser wrote:
>> On 25-Nov-16 15:53, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
>>> I tried, they just said upload the ~ 14GB and we would look at it.
>>> Preposterous. Some of the files are online, but no one is responsible
>>> and the friend will stop hosting the site.
>>>
>>> http://www.os9projects.com/

<< SNIP >>

>>> http://oldcomputerhut.net/files/Coco/

<< SNIP >>

>>> ftp://www.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/coco_archive.iso

<< SNIP >>

>>> ftp://www.rtsi.com/RSDOS/incoming/

<< SNIP >>

>>> SHF
>>>

>> Stephen et al.,
>>
>> I have been in contact with Jason Scott of archive.org..  You can see the
>> Conversation below..
>> His e-mail is <jason at textfiles.com>
>>
>> If the members of this group that have CoCo Archives want to contact him, he
>> will provide an FTP Address or a mailing address for DVD-ROM to be mailed
>> to.  You can also follow up with him to make sure that the CoCo Archives,
>> get Archived..
>>

>> MarkO
>
> Thanks, Mark!
>
> I have dealt with Jason Scott on multiple occasions. Whatever you
> think of his public persona (which I enjoy but I can imagine that
> others may not), there should be no doubt about his dedication to
> the preservation of retro computing information and his willingness
> to accomodate those that want to advance "the cause".
>
> In short, get your stuff on archive.org! Everything! Got a flier from
> CoCoFEST! 7? Send it in! A scan of the instructions for an unreleased
> Diecom game? Send it in!  A diskette with stuff you wrote in BASIC
> during the afternoons of your fifth grade year? Image it, and send
> it in!
>
> No whining, no complaining, no BS -- just send it in!
>
> John

I am fairly New to the CoCo, so I am sure there are sites I am unaware of...

Besides the Sites mentioned above, the TRS-80 Color Computer Archive
seems the Closest to Apple ][s Asimov Archive, so that needs to be
Archived..

<http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/>

I wonder if anything can be salvaged from the Tandy CoCo site..

<http://www.tandycoco.com/>

and the CoCoPedia and CoCo 3 Sites..
<http://www.cocopedia.com/>
<http://www.coco3.com/>

Also, should some Individual Sites, like SockPuppet's, or Arron Wolfe's
Sites be Archived??

I just sent Jason another e-mail, and I should get the FTP Address and
Mailing Address for everyone to send stuff to...

MarkO