[Coco] Working on Coco Files

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:05:52 EST 2016

On 25-Nov-16 15:53, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> I tried, they just said upload the ~ 14GB and we would look at it.
> Preposterous. Some of the files are online, but no one is responsible
> and the friend will stop hosting the site.
>
> http://www.os9projects.com/
>
> Other CoCo files have just been deleted.
>
> One example:
>
> https://ia801507.us.archive.org/isoview.php?iso=/22/items/cdrom-coco-archive/coco_archive.iso
>

> It also disappeared from:
>
> http://oldcomputerhut.net/files/Coco/
>
> Yes it still in on RTSI, but how long will it last there as well as
> so much more:
>
> ftp://www.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/coco_archive.iso
>
> And what about the files here:
>
> ftp://www.rtsi.com/RSDOS/incoming/
>
> That is our oldest archive.
>
> The idea that the CoCo files will be available for much longer needs
> to be examined. The people wanting to use the files will disappear.
>
> SHF

Stephen et al.,

I have been in contact with Jason Scott of archive.org..  You can see
the Conversation below..
His e-mail is <jason at textfiles.com>

If the members of this group that have CoCo Archives want to contact
him, he will provide an FTP Address or a mailing address for DVD-ROM to
be mailed to.  You can also follow up with him to make sure that the
CoCo Archives, get Archived..

MarkO

<marko at markoverholser.com
 >> <mailto:marko at markoverholser.com>> wrote:
 >>
 >>>    On 12/10/2016 21:37, Jason Scott wrote:
 >>>
 >>>        Sounds like some strange miscommunication.
 >>>

 >>     That is what I thought.
 >>

 >>>         So, in general, I've generally liked having an item with
all the
 >>>         stuff
 >>>         (that's where the massive items out there, like "all of
Asimov" or