[Coco] Help with some HiRes CoCo 3 MMU settings

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Dec 7 16:31:40 EST 2016

Glen Hewlett wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Thanks for looking at the code, I’ve been trying so many things to figure out why I’m having my problem that I’ve changed code without updating the comments many times...  I should have gone back and looked through my code and comments a little better last night before posting.  I was just at that point where I was getting really frustrated and really tired.  I was going to wait before posting but I figured it would mean at least another day before getting any help.
>
> I actually noticed the INIT0_Register0 entry today myself and changed it to the proper INIT1_Register1 so my code will use MMU Bank 0 (%00100000 stored at $FF91).
>
><snip>

Glen,
You are still sending the wrong value to $FF91. You do NOT! want to set the
timer select TINS to the fast rate.
By the way, the service manual claims 1 = 70nsec but I've timed it and it is
related to the color burst not the master clock; so more like 279nsec.

I'll be testing the latest code snippets but it would be much easier to
proofread your code if you sent me the full source.

Robert