[Coco] Fuzix: Now on CoCo2

Michael R. Furman n6il at ocs.net
Wed Dec 7 01:06:44 EST 2016

I took a stab at making boot.s work on Coco2 w/CocoSDC and Coco3:

http://www.ocs.net/~n6il/fuzix_coco2_boot_s.html <http://www.ocs.net/~n6il/fuzix_coco2_boot_s.html>

The booter is nice and small:

$ lwasm -o boot_coco2.bin -DCOCO2 boot.s
$ bindumper2 boot_coco2.bin
0000: Type: 0 Size: 19 Addr: 1900
001e: Type: 0 Size: 1d2 Addr: 193f
01f5: Type: ff Size: 0 Addr: 195f
File Size: 01fa

$ lwasm -o boot_coco3.bin boot.s
$ bindumper2 boot_coco3.bin
0000: Type: 0 Size: 19 Addr: 7a00
001e: Type: 0 Size: 23f Addr: 7a3f
0262: Type: ff Size: 0 Addr: 7a5f
File Size: 0267

I had to remove the entire IDE driver because I ran out of memory, can’t be trying to write FUZIX on top of the ECB ROM...  Do you think that if I told the SDC to switch images to FUZIXFS.DSK on drive 0 before EXEC’ing the booter and I straight copied your CocoSDC driver and blkdev that I have any chance of FUZIX finding the filesystem and booting? Now that I have the booter and the kernel I guess the next step is to fire up the old grey beast and see what happens!

—

Michael R. Furman
Email: n6il at ocs.net
Phone: +1 (408) 480-5865