[Coco] Fuzix: Now on CoCo2

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 12:46:54 EST 2016

I have to review the code a bit more, but Alan has some teeny-weeny ide
code for the booter, and a more-or-less normal fuzix ide driver.  Both
would have to replaced with SDC code.  I think one could just plop my sdc
driver from the coco3 port into the coco2-cart port.  Still would have to
make a Sdc loader for the ROM.  (Copy the  code...my driver will change if
I ever want to swap on coco3)

As of now, it seems one would need a superIDE, or a glenside + mpi + rom to
get started on a real machine.

Looks like there's dragon uart code stuck to /dev/tty2.  Not sure if this
is applicable. (I've never noodled with uarts)

I'm getting jealous of the coco2/dragon ports' bitmapped text.  And
speaking of tty's, I have to redo the coco3 code.  I'm using proper code
hooks Alan provided, but I think they may be causing the horrible slowness
of my tty's.

On Dec 4, 2016 9:46 AM, "Brett Gordon" <beretta42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see any issues with that.
>
> brett
>
> On Dec 4, 2016 2:47 AM, "Michael Furman" <n6il at ocs.net> wrote:
> >
> > I don't have an ide board, so how about targeting cocosdc?  Could write
the fuzix rom to one of the onboard flash slots and use a disk image on the
sd card for the fuzix root image.  The loader for this is dead simple,
disable interrupts, tell the cocosdc to switch flash banks then just JMP in
to fuzix.