[Coco] New version of SDC-DOS available

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Dec 2 16:28:22 EST 2016

> Hi Allen,
> I seem to recall a utility called 'kwikboot' that Wes Gale wrote that can read and write the kernel track for Nitros9 regardless whether the drive is a floppy or harddisk. I'm not sure if it suffers the same problems as cobbler or os9gen, but it is a possible replacement for cobbler when used in conjunction with 'kwikgen'.

I will have to check that out. I always assumed it was just a boot file editor like Burke & Burke's ezgen. Ezgen will work just find on a boot on the disk image, too, but if it can generate the kernel/DOS track, I have forgotten it could.

Those would be great solutions, since that's the only way I've made boot disks (edit a working one to make new) since I first picked up ezgen at a CoCoFEST ;-)

		-- A