[Coco] New version of SDC-DOS available

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Dec 2 13:22:27 EST 2016

> On Dec 2, 2016, at 12:08 PM, Philip Zeigler <philip at zeiglers.net> wrote:
>
> So I just updated my CoCoSDC to the latest.  I primarily use NitrOS9 so I have a startup.cfg that has 0=sdcboot.dsk 1=harddisk.dsk.

FYI ... you don't need a separate boot disk. You can make the hard disk image bootable, but "cobbler" can't do it. I haven't written a utility to do it, but I did post the steps it takes to copy a boot file to the hard disk image and make OS-9 recognize it as a boot image.

http://subethasoftware.com/2015/02/02/manually-making-a-bootable-nitros9-hard-drive-image-part-1/

You will find the steps a few articles in, but it's a good rambling background overview of how things work.

		-- A