[Coco] ROM Options for Glenside IDE, and a 3D-Printed Case

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 15:41:24 EDT 2016

On Aug 23, 2016 9:42 AM, "Bill Pierce via Coco" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
wrote:

>  Mark, why the toolshed source for hdbdos is set for 198 disk images I'll
never know... but You can change the source to 256 images (0-255) which is
the standard in HDBDOS.
> Once you have the OS9 size offset, the value goes into $d938, $d939, &
$d93a. Which when just looking at a raw rom image from a PC hex editor, it
would be $1938, $1939, & $193a. It's easy to find as it's one of the only
rom locations that contain three "0" bytes in a row. You also must
remember, this value is in "sectors" not bytes (256 bytes per sector). I
can't remember if this value changes to half when using LBA mode since LBA
uses 512 byte sectors.

I dont think CHS mode does anything different.  Still 512 byte sectors.
Like Bill says, the offset is in sectors, and you'll have to set the hdb
offset high enough to clear the nitros sectors.  cloud 9's hdbdos guide (on
website)  is good stuff btw.

brett