[Coco] First MC-10 game cart ever?

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Wed Aug 10 14:53:08 EDT 2016

Ed,
https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/pdfs/literature/ds/m3000a.pdf

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/altera/EPM3032ATC44-10N/544-1968-ND/763830

Usually I get an end of life email from Digikey and the datasheet will reflect not recommended for new designs when production stops.

For the CoCo, it is not a problem due to the production runs are small. I still can get the MAX CPLD that I used on the TC^3 which was released back in 1998, IIRC. Cost effective solution, no way, but you have to weigh that out with making a new PCB.

Typically Altera moves the price point to force you to move. All I would have to do is recompile and move to the current chip, new board layout. I am sure the same is true with Xilinx.
 Regards,
Mark Marlette http://www.cloud9tech.com
mark at cloud9tech.com