[Coco] First MC-10 game cart ever?

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 16:29:32 EDT 2016

Not sure…  AFAIK only the 16K RAM expansion was released for MC-10s.
There were though several carts released for the ALICE version in France,
including a joystick adapter.

You can interface just about anything to the expansion port, but adding a
software ROM is not as simple as on the CoCo where you basically wire
a ROM chip to the cart port.  A little more logic is involved, which modern
PLDs make easy.

You can take over darn near every address in the system from the
expansion port (with a few exceptions), so, lots of possibilities. :)

I’m guessing game carts would have been fairly expensive to produce compared
to other systems because of the additional logic and ram that would be required
for a lot of things, yes.

- Ed