[Coco] A Silly MC6847 to HDMI Conversion Idea

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sat Aug 6 17:26:53 EDT 2016

> On Aug 6, 2016, at 09:50, David Ladd <davidwladd at gmail.com> wrote:
> ​The other thing that would need to be taken into account is a audio
> encoder for converting the analog audio into a digital stream that is
> compatible with the HDMI specifications. :)  Though should still be doable
> :)​

Right. It would need an ADC and a flying lead to connect to the audio signal elsewhere on the motherboard.

For driving the original analog TV output (that would still need to work, naturally!), I think that it should be possible to implement the necessary DACs by driving resistor ladders with FPGA output pins. The VDG has three analog outputs, with only 3, 4 and 6 output levels, respectively.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/