[Coco] Programming in BASIC YouTube series

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 09:55:38 EDT 2016

Thanks for the feedback Stephen, this is something I've been wanting to do
for a LONG time and will hopefully fulfill a life-long dream, I never left
the minor leagues of BASIC and learned any real or serious languages.  I
was quite fortunate that once I moved to the PC, Microsoft Quick Basic
compiler allowed me to pick up with zero learning curve and create some
pretty amazing PC software that compiled into a stand-alone EXE file.  This
again kept my creative tank full, but was also so "good enough" that I
didn't need to learn any other languages, and I eventually stopped playing
with BASIC by the end of the 90's, and regret never going to "the next
level" with lower-level languages.

Seeing how many projects in both hardware and software that are going on,
I'm uber motivated to create a software project to bring to next year's
fest.  The goal of this series was to first re-learn for myself, second to
possibly teach someone who had no previous experience, and lastly, to
create a game (or more).

I have now also set a challenge for myself to learn 6809 assembly after I
complete this series (Which I will also document via YouTube), and,
hopefully, have a "real" game that I can demo at CoCoFEST! next year,
hopefully even getting it on a cartridge, but baby steps first :)

Steve Strowbridge, aka
The Original Gamer Stevie Strow
http://ogsteviestrow.com
ogsteviestrow at gmail.com