[Coco] Retro Computer Stack Exchange in beta

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Fri Apr 22 12:16:27 EDT 2016

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 11:56:34 -0400
Lee Patterson <lee at 8bitcoder.com> wrote:

> I am taking liberties when switching from base 2 to base 10. Perhaps
> though it should be written as 10+1 == 3 there by implying a logical
> answer.

    Looks right to me! Of course there are 10 kinds of people in the
world.

    Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Why are Romans so good at Algebra??

'Cause X is _always_ 10!

> > On Apr 20, 2016, at 17:03, Camillus <camillus.b.58 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Well it is questionable...
> > If it was in Base 2 then it would be 10 + 1 = 11
> > As it is written then one can only presume it is base 10,
> > so 10 + 1 = 11 in that case.
> >
> > You can't say 10 + 1 = 3 in Base 2 because 3 is not possible in
> > Base 2. cb
> >
> > Sent from Mailbird
> > [http://www.getmailbird.com/?utm_source=Mailbird&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sent-from-mailbird]
> > On 4/20/2016 1:06:02 PM, Mathieu Chouinard <chouimat at gmail.com>
> > wrote: it's right if 10 is in base 2
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Salvador Garcia
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> "10 + 1 = 3"
> >>
> >> *******************************************************************************************
> >>
> >> Huh? That can't be right, I always though that 10 + 1 = 11. :-D
> >> Salvador

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
Anyone who thinks people lack originality should watch them folding
roadmaps.		                      -- Franklin P. Jopnes