[Coco] Fooling around with assembly in RS-DOS environment

Lee Patterson lee at 8bitcoder.com
Mon Apr 11 00:31:21 EDT 2016

Mark,
I was looking at the ASXXXX assembler, to be able to write assembly for my PC-1360 Pocket Computer. Would be good to use for both 6809 and 1360. Could I trouble you for a sample command line to compile a 6809 asm to a DECB binary using the AS compiler? Maybe a tiny hello world asm to go along with it if it is different then mine?

I did this one for lwasm:

# lwasm -9 -b -o hello1.bin hello1.asm && writecocofile --verbose hello.dsk hello1.bin && coco3 `pwd`/hello.dsk hello1
            org     $3F00
start       ldx     #msg        point to our message
lee         lda     ,x+         get current ASCII character
            beq     x@          exit if it's the NULL-terminator
            jsr     [40962]     print the character using stdout hook
            bra     lee         keep printing
x@          rts

msg         fcc     "HELLO WORLD!"
            fcb     13,0