[Coco] 512k upgrade for coco3

Walter Miraglia walter.miraglia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 18:24:57 EDT 2015

Hi there.   I am wondering,  if I am upgrading my coco3 with an older dual 30 pin sim based upgrade that uses dynamic ram sims, do I need to remove the two small caps (82 and 27 pf caps on the RAS and CAS lines)?  Or is that only for the 512k static ram upgrades triad one?

I wonder as I am having issues with an old ram upgrade where basic ram tests seem to pass but more involved use of ram, running applications like donkey kong seem to crash.   I did remove those two caps and installed my 512k dram based ram upgrade.  I'm wondering if I should have left them?  Should I solder in a couple and try it again?  ( I would have to order some )

Please advise.  Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPad Mini