[Coco] anyone on here run a dialup BBS?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Sep 24 00:48:58 EDT 2015

Chris, I don't think the Coco 1 can do ANSI colors, or at least any of the software produced for it (??).
The ANSI code is converted by the software which has to be running on hardware capable of doing the colors. At the time of the Coco 1, I don't think ANSI graphics had come of age yet.
However... The Coco 3 WILL do ANSI graphics and colors. There were several programs available that advertised ANSI capability (both RSDOS & OS9). I know SuperComm & OSTerm for OS9 handled ANSI pretty well and there were a quite few others. I remember logging onto BBSs that had ANSI intro screens that were pretty amazing.

Man I miss those days!

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/