[Coco] anyone on here run a dialup BBS?

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Thu Sep 24 00:18:41 EDT 2015

On Sep 23, 2015, at 7:42 PM, Chris Oliver <chris.w.oliver at me.com> wrote:

> Just got my Coco1 to connect to some of the BBS’s at http://www.telnetbbsguide.com/dialbbs/dialbbs.htm <http://www.telnetbbsguide.com/dialbbs/dialbbs.htm> via my Modem I/RS-232 Program Pak.  Wanted to see if anyone on this forum runs a BBS of their own — happy to check out your stuff if so.  :)

Yup, I’ve got one. It’s got dialup, telnet, and web access. You can find the phone number & other info at http://bbs.fozztexx.com

It was running on my Apple IIgs but there wasn’t enough traffic to keep it running 24x7 so I moved it to Synchronet running on one of my Linux boxes. The modem is actually connected through an Asterisk PBX and uses VoIP to provide dialup. Works great and people have connected at 33.6k!

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com