[Coco] anyone on here run a dialup BBS?

Chris Oliver chris.w.oliver at me.com
Wed Sep 23 22:42:00 EDT 2015

All,

Just got my Coco1 to connect to some of the BBS’s at http://www.telnetbbsguide.com/dialbbs/dialbbs.htm <http://www.telnetbbsguide.com/dialbbs/dialbbs.htm> via my Modem I/RS-232 Program Pak.  Wanted to see if anyone on this forum runs a BBS of their own — happy to check out your stuff if so.  :)

Question I do have, in general: Regardless of whether I connect via the Modem I/RS-232, or the Direct Connect Modem Pak, I’m finding that I can’t render various ANSI codes that map to colors.  (So those codes — instead of rendering into colors — end up junking up my display.  Format example is “1;36;40m”.)

Is there just an inherent limitation here, with the Coco1 display, the communication hardware, or a combination of the two?  Or is there some way to fix this?

Many thanks!  Hard to believe that I can connect at 300 baud in 2015…

Chris