[Coco] [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Re Links Broken or Down

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Sep 23 08:52:08 EDT 2015

Plt at freemail2.com wrote:
> The old boot disk loads fine but when I use the new boot from the link and type dos 254 or doss 255 I get a syntax error.
>

> Phil Taylor

That is because none of the disks at http://nitros9.sourceforge.net/latest/ are
designed to boot from a .vhd image. Also the command will only work if you are
running RGBDOS and currently on a .vhd image with the Disk Basic partition
formatted and containing a boot disk.

If you want to update the version of NitrOS-9 on your .vhd image, you will need
to generate a new 35-track single sided floppy image with an appropriate Boot
module (for .vhd usage) and new OS9Boot file. That disk will need to be backed
up to a convenient "Basic drive" on the .vhd and all files on the downloaded
floppy will need to be transferred into appropriate directories in the NitrOS-9
portion of the .vhd image.

Robert