[Coco] DS1216

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Tue Sep 22 00:33:50 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Ramsower" <georgera at gvtc.com>
To: <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 7:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] DS1216

> On 9/21/2015 9:39 PM, K. Pruitt wrote:
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "George Ramsower" <georgera at gvtc.com>

Does your PC keep horrible time? Your drivewire time will be the system time
from your PC. I'm not sure how often drivewire updates the time, but it
seems to stay pretty accurate for me. But my hardware clock doesn't lose
time either, so your experience may be different.

When I boot in to drivewire I utilize the software clock When I just boot in
to the CoCo without drivewire I use Robert Gault's SWRead program to pull in
the time from the clock chip and keep the system time updated.

As I recall, booting in to drivewire with the NitrOS-9 boot file set to
utilize the clock chip will result in a system hang-up. This may have been
fixed though, I don't know.

I'd can try and alter the disassembled source code for getclk and see if I
can change it to accept a parameter. No guarantees as it may exceed my skill
level, but I can give it a shot.