[Coco] Creating a boot disk from the HD

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Sep 21 15:29:45 EDT 2015

Taylor, Phillip L CIV wrote:
> It's been a long time since I created a Nitro-Os9 Boot disk. How can I create one from the HD using Vcc?
>
> Thanks

Phillip,

You really need to provide more information when you ask questions. Be specific
about where you obtained the HD image you are using and what is on it.

If it is the HD image that was on the VCC web site, that image is most likely an
old version of NitrOS-9, v3.2.8. Nevertheless, when emulation starts you can
enter DOS255 and NitrOS-9 should boot.

Once in NitrOS-9, do a DIR and look for a NITROS9 folder. Enter
cd nitros9/6309l2/scripts. Most likely the HD image will be for 6309 emulation
but if not, the command would be cd nitros9/6809l2/scripts.

The scripts directory will contain a script for generating a new bootable disk.
You can edit that to suit your requirements. Then enter cd ../bootlists to get
to a new directory containing lists of all the modules that will go into the
OS9Boot file called by the script in SCRIPTS. You will need to edit your
preferred "standard" file to include all of the modules needed so you don't see
a 221 "module not found" error when using inetd.

Robert