[Coco] more that one shell from an external terminal(update)

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Sep 19 12:44:06 EDT 2015

George, Basic09 has now been optimized for the 6309 :-)
The disk images are in the link I sent.

I'm not sure if runb was optimized, as that would be where any speedup would be at runtime, but I know Basic09 itself was optimize (both versions are available)
[Edit] Just checked the repo and runb WAS optimized.

The real thing about NitrOS9 is that a ton of old "standing bugs" were fixed, all the old patches are already there, code was optimized for speed, and the availability of drivers for just about any RBF drive system you will be likely to run and a few you didn't know you could run.

My Coco 3 runs NitrOS9 with 1 meg memory, Eagle AT keyboard interface, cooling fan, MPI, FD-502 controller (just for the HDBDOS rom, no drives connected), a Glenside IDE w/2x4gig partitions (and 1 HDBDOS partition w/256 drives), DW4 w/4x128meg drives (I have an 8x128meg boot I use occassionally), MIDI pak, Orch90 pak, DW4 MIDI, PC terminals, all through a CM-8 monitor.

I turn on my system, it auto boots into NitrOS9 after 15 secs without key input (in case I want run something in RSDOS), and opens a terminal window in case I'm working from the PC. At least 2 VHDs are "synced" in DW4 so they can be accessed by both the Coco and VCC instances of DW4, so they can share files.
I just wish I'd had a system like this back in the Coco's "haydays"...

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com