[Coco] Kip's Single Board Computer

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sat Sep 19 11:57:54 EDT 2015

On 9/19/2015 9:40 AM, Pere wrote:
> Hi Jim,
> don't shoot if this doesn't make sense ...
> Comparing Sarle's board to the connections you say, there are some
> differences:
> - The capacitor for 8MHz are just 15pF (not a big difference)
Yep, the selection of crystal caps can be an art, but I also tried an
oscillator to eliminate that.
> - Reset is connected via 2K2 instead of 10K
On the test baord I am using right now, it's 10K
> - The others are tied together right to the +5V bus (apparently no
> R's) you talk about 10K
> - In the power supply he has added two capacitors:
> 100nF and 100uF
There is a large cap on Kip's board that should suffice for power
smoothing, and each IC has a decoupling cap.  But, my test boar dhas a
large cap as well

> I can't figure what the result of these changes could be ... you know
> a lot more on hardware.
Well, let's not be hasty, as I can't get a 30 year old CPU design to run
:-)  At this point, I am assuming I've somehow toasted my CPUs or have
some simple wiring issue, and I am awaiting another to successfully
bring up the board (or a test board).

Jim