[Coco] Kip's Single Board Computer

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sat Sep 19 11:46:17 EDT 2015

On 9/19/2015 3:09 AM, Neal Crook wrote:
> Jim,
> When you tried the 8MHz oscillator can on extal, with xtal floating (per
> the data sheet) did you see xtal oscillate as a result?
I did try that, to no avail, but have not tried it with the SuperPET 6809.

> The hitachi datasheet certainly indicates that care is needed on the
> physical layout to get the xtal to oscillate, but the canned oscillator
> should be foolproof.
I agee, which is why I think my "breadboard" setup is wrong, but not
sure where I'm going wrong.  I bring upZ80s and 6502 and AVRs all the
time no problem, so I'm not completely inept at this.

It's possible I've fried my 6309 CPU, but it seems strange I've toasted
both of them.

Jim