[Coco] Coco 3 up and running! Monitor colors?

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 11:22:57 EDT 2015

On Sat Sep 19 2015, Aaron Banerjee wrote:

I have an RGB monitor, but I also have a 19" TV with monitor port
> (video/audio).  With the RGB monitor, the colors are screwed up unless you
> type "PALETTE RGB".  I've never used to monitor ports on my coco 3 before
> and don't have my books any more.  I've been guessing at what the settings
> are for the video out or RF, but can't seem to get it right.  What's the
> setting to get the colors right for using that video port?  Thanks.

The CoCo 3 powers up in Composite Video colors correct, same for the RF
output.

You can just type the command CMP or PALETTE CMP to make sure you're on
that mode.

Pressing down the F2 key while resetting the CoCo 3 will bring up the
"other" CMP mode good for artifact color based applications running in the
256x192 PMODE 4 screen of earlier CoCos.

-- RP