[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 154, Issue 45

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Fri Sep 18 16:23:10 EDT 2015

 Actually graphics CAN be done on a terminal with no additional software on the CoCo. Software is required on the displaying terminal however. Many programs on the CoCo under OS-9 do graphics by sending character codes to the screen. If a terminal program is written to interpret those characters, the same graphics can be displayed. I did this many years ago using a terminal program called XCOM9 and a BBS named the Matrix. The BBS sent control codes to the remote terminal computer, causing it to display graphics. This caused quite some shock a the time. Below is a link to the NitrOS9 control codes. The original Microware OS-9 used almost identical control codes.

https://sourceforge.net/p/nitros9/wiki/The_NitrOS-9_Windowing_System/