[Coco] Kip's Single Board Computer

Neal Crook foofoobedoo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 13:34:35 EDT 2015

Two suggestions..

Double check that you have a 6809 and not a 6809E (sorry but I had to ask).

Use the crystal to breadboard a standalone pierce oscillator (google the
circuit) using a74S04 or some such. If you can get this to oscillate,
jumper across with a 10k resistor to one or other xtal input of the 6809
(maybe either input will work or maybe only one of them will work). If you
cannot get it to oscillate maybe the crystal is bad or the wrong cut for
the biassing)

Happy debugging

Neal