[Coco] Compiling & running basic09 programs

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Sep 17 09:55:46 EDT 2015

Phillip, No recompile needed. Basic09 works the same in OS9 and NitrOS9 and all programs from either will run the same.
Basically, the only thing that was done to Basic09 in the NitrOS9 versions was that there is a 6309 version that runs a little faster. Of course that version will not run on the 6809 (duh!)

It does not encode Basic09 sources in 6809/6309 code... Basic09 code is I-Code which "should" be machine independant and run on ANY version of Basic09 on ANY machine (theoretically :-)

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com