[Coco] OT - Kid gets arrested for building a clock

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Wed Sep 16 12:27:35 EDT 2015

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 08:36:52 -0700
"K. Pruitt" <pruittk at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> So we have kid here who is a budding electronics wizard. He builds a
> homemade clock, takes it to school and get arrested.
>
> http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/northwest-dallas-county/headlines/20150915-irving-ninth-grader-arrested-after-taking-homemade-clock-to-school.ece

This is why profiling and broad sweeping judgments can have nasty
consequences. The gut reaction to bad things is to profile, but this
will always happen as a result. At the same time, I deeply resent my 90
year old mother (blond, now white haired) being strip searched by TSA
when she wants to fly to my home to visit with me because she did not
bring luggage to avoid paying the BS charges for that. She has clothing
here. I am not smart enough to articulate an adequate solution.