[Coco] Kip's Single Board Computer

Neal Crook foofoobedoo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 03:27:29 EDT 2015

Crystals are notorious for not oscillating when the world is not to their
liking (and I speak from personal experience) so John's theory seems highly
plausible. Otherwise, it could be the crystal and its biasing (damp finger
and/or scope probe are also likely candidates to stop an oscillating
crystal or start a non-oscillating one).

Kip - once it's up and running, let me know if you'd like me to build you a
ROM. With 16KBytes at your disposal I can give you a-la-carte choice
(choose any two) from:

1/ BUGGY (with line assembler/disassembler - I think the Simon6809 board
John mentioned has that monitor or a derivative)
2/ Brad's Camelforth
3/ Grant's MS 8K BASIC

Based on a quick look at your schematic, it will be simple to port any of
these from stuff that's already running on our multicomp systems.

Neal.