[Coco] Kip's Single Board Computer

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Tue Sep 15 13:06:04 EDT 2015

On 9/15/2015 11:49 AM, John W. Linville wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 12:15:15PM -0400, RETRO Innovations wrote:
>>     The new board, as it were (it's getting less new by the month) is Kip's
>>     take on Searle's 6 IC 6809.  His is 8, and offers some interesting
>>     enhancement options.
>>
>>     But, when I try to bring the board up, I'm struggling:
>>
>>       * there is no signal on Q or E.
>>       * Nothing of interest on the crystal pins (though my Tek could be
>>         interfering with the feedback).
>>       * I took the CPU off the board, breadboarded with HALT and RESET
>>         high, crystal and caps installed, and still no Q or E.  I tried a
>>         known working 6809 from my SuperPET, and nothing.
>>
>>     I'm new to 6809/6309, so I am not sure where to start.  I am sure once
>>     I get the CPU running, the rest will be quick work, but the fact that I
>>     can't seem to get a 6809 by itself to generate Q and E bothers me and
>>     lowers my confidence that the board is ready to be debugged.
>>
>>     Kip, send the man a board.  I'll buy it for him.
>>
>>     Jim
> I'm fairly certain that the clock problem is caused by the lack of
> RC circuit on the RESET^ line, as I described in my earlier note...do
> I get a board too? :-)
>
> John
Happy to buy you one.  My time is precious, and saving 2-3 hours on the
bench is worth quite a bit at this stage in my life.

So, for the 6809 noob, is there a data sheet page I should reference for
the correct cap/resistor values?

I remember the reset controller from my 68hc11 days.  Man, Motorola was
picky on reset.

JIm

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com