[Coco] Run of RGB2VGA boards

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 20:37:58 EDT 2015

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015, Zippster wrote:

> I’ve added a page to my website on the RGB2VGA SE boards, including some
> information on setup and use, and the differences between the SE and
> original (which are very minor).  There’s not too much there yet, but it
> shows how to connect the ribbon cable and explains the dip switches for
> CoCo3 use.

Looks nice, Ed.

On a slightly related subject, I just watched your video demonstration of
flat-pack SMD soldering.  Question:  Where is the solder coming from?
And, how is the soldering iron pulling excess solder off of the pins?
Never seen anything like it.  My adventures with this sort of thing
involve burned fingers, shameful language and a lot of solder wick to get
rid of bridges.