[Coco] Reading CoCo Disks

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Mon Sep 14 11:45:02 EDT 2015

You can probably read Coco disks using one of the emulators or the disk
reading programs, but I wouldn't recommend writing to them using a 1.2mb
drive.

You're much better off just using Drivewire to get disk images and files to
and from the Coco.

I mount the disk images in an emulator to move files on an off the images
and then use DW4 to put the images on a real floppy or from a real floppy on
my Coco3.

I also built a 486 out of spare parts I had lying around and run the
Vavasour emulator on it to make disk images and copy disks.

You can find cheap 486/486 systems on eBay all the time, and it's worth
having one just for this reason. But, try to get one with a 360k floppy
drive, or buy a 360k drive on eBay.

-[ Al ]-