[Coco] Kip's Single Board Computer

Salvador Garcia ssalvadorgarcia at netscape.net
Tue Sep 8 19:37:08 EDT 2015

I might not understand your question, but I'll answer anyways. Most, if not all, CPUs have a hard coded initial address that is loaded upon power up. Once that happens the CPU just jumps to that address. It is the responsibility of the designer to make sure that 1) s/He knows what the initial address is and 2) there is executable code at that address, regardless whether it comes from a read only device or from a circuit that returns NOP for all address provided.

Salvador