[Coco] Kip's Single Board Computer

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Mon Sep 7 18:26:34 EDT 2015

Hi Jim,
Thanks for looking at my Kipper SBC.  I am also at a standstill as I so far have not figured out what is keeping the CPU from running.  As to the Crystal frequency compared to the 63C09P / 68B09P cpu chips, they both divide the Crystal frequency by 4 to arrive at the E Clock frequency of 7.3728MHZ / 4 = 1.8432MHZ.  This E clock 1.8432MHZ frequency output is used by the RXCLK and TXCLK inputs of the 68B50P ACIA.  If the crystal frequency was reduced, that would throw off the E clock frequency by the same amount/4 and though the CPU still may operate, the 68B50P would not have a standard RS-232 baud rate as the frequency of the RXCLK and TXCLK inputs would also be off from the expected 1.8432MHZ frequency.  Again thank you for helping me with my project.  I appreciate it very much.  Take care my friend.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com