[Coco] CoCo 3 Plus in an FPGA

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 5 07:27:45 EDT 2015

On 5/09/2015 9:11 AM, Stephen Pereira wrote:

> Has anyone here on the list successfully made one of these?  If so, would
> you be willing to do it again for me for a reasonable fee?  I would be
> looking for you to procure the DE1, program it with the CoCo 3 code, and
> test it to be sure that it is fully up and running.

There are a few problems I see with this.

Firstly, the latest DE1 boards will almost certainly have the newer SRAM
chips and IIUC the updated design still has some issues. So by paying
someone to "make sure it is fully up and running" you're putting the onus on
the end user to 'ensure' that someone else's design works.

Secondly, this is an evolving project and it's inevitable that at some point
Gary will release an enhanced (or even bug-fixed) version that you'll want
on your DE1. What will you do then?

Regards,