[Coco] GBS-8200 RGB to VGA

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Fri Sep 4 10:06:16 EDT 2015

That solution may "work" but I strongly suggest adding at least 100 ohm resistors to pins 8 and 9 before tying them together, otherwise when pin 8 is high and pin 9 is low or pin 9 is high and pin 8 is low you are creating a short circuit across the hsync and vsync outputs of the CoCo 3. I checked the CoCo 3 schematic and there is no protection on those outputs, they are tied directly to the output of an inverter chip so if those outputs are shorted out you could eventually burn out that chip. At least they are not wired directly to the GIME chip.