[Coco] GBS-8200 RGB to VGA

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Thu Sep 3 19:30:06 EDT 2015

  Well, I was convinced that the correct polarity would make it
work...nope. So, I put a charge pump on it to boost the signal more
negative....nope.
  This means that I too, am stumped.

  Gene Heskett got one to work but he's busy right now and I'm waiting
to hear back from him on how he got his to work. It's been a while ago
and he doesn't use it any longer. He may not remember. I'll keep my
fingers crossed.
  Meanwhile, it does work with the composite video into the H line on
that board but it jitters in the 80 Column mode. In OS9, I switch to
Montype M and the jitter goes away. This implies the color burst is
messing with that converter. That doesn't really bother me because I
only use white on black. I really would like the darned thing to work as
it should.

George R.