[Coco] OS9 Shanghai written in Basic09 requires GUIB

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Sep 3 11:29:51 EDT 2015

Barry, after searching about 8 or 9 VHD archives, I finally found "shang2.dat". I also found the GUIB game and app collection which really shows of what GUIB is capable of. If I'm not mistaken, GUIB was originally started by Brother Jeremy, then picked up by Shawn Driscoll and enhanced greatly!

The "shangx.dat" files are as follows:
shang1.dat - game tiles (Icons)
shang2.dat - title screen (VEF)
shang3.dat - background image under gameboard (VEF)

You will also need "env.file" and "earth.sys" in your "SYS" dir as well as "stdfonts", "stdptrs", "stdpats_2", "stdpats_4", and "stdpats_16" which have to be merged as:
merge /dd/sys/stdfonts /dd/sys/stdptrs /dd/sys/stdpats_2 /dd/sys/stdpats_4 /dd/sys/stdpats_16

Guib and Shanghai also assume you are already in a type 5 graphics window. So you'll need to start a type 5 window (hence the need for the fonts, pointers, and patterns)

Also included on the disk will be "Shanghai Editor" also by Shawn Driscoll which allows you to make your own tile sets.

Let me put together a disk image and I'll send it to you.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com