[Coco] 2 Button Joystick?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Sep 2 05:31:25 EDT 2015

On Wednesday 02 September 2015 02:52:02 Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:

> The later deluxe joysticks (Coco & Tandy 1000 labeled) have 2 buttons
> as well as the deluxe mouse (white, I have one). OS9 L2 will use the
> 2nd button to change windows (like <CLEAR>). I hate this feature as I
> want to use the 2nd button for software features in my NitrOS9
> projects. There has been discussions of making that feature in NitrOS9
> as "settable", but no one's done it yet.

That depends on the joydrv module you use. There is one I wrote in the
repo, that addresses a seriel mouse on an rs-232 pack.  It
autoconfigures to use either an M$ compatible mouse, or a logitech. All
3 buttons work at the point of the 10 byte packet that all the mouse &
joystick drivers use to comunicate with gshell, grfdrv & multivue.

However, in the process of writing it, I found an off by one error in
l51defs and fixed it.  Legacy programs may not use it correctly but if
they've been dissed, then rebuilt with the new defs, it should work.
But I haven't run multivue in yonks, out of "system" ram with the latest
Nitros9, v3.3.0. My disto 2 meg kit is no help there.  A working level 3
would be a huge step fwd...

[...]

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)