[Coco] GBS-8200 RGB to VGA

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Wed Sep 2 01:41:08 EDT 2015

  So before I found out this was a bad choice, I ordered and paid for
the cheap Chinese RGB to VGA converter board.
  While waiting for it, I began to learn that the H signal from the Coco
is inverted and an inverter chip will be necessary to correct that...bummer.
  Then I read that another fellow was connecting a Coco 3 to an SCART to
VGA converter board and he found the same problem with the inverted H&V
signals from the Coco. He used the Video out and mixed them for the
SCART to use and it worked for him.
  I tried something like this on the GBS8200 but I only put the video
out from the Coco on the H line on the converter.
  It works beautifully in 32 and 40 column modes but the 80 mode does
jump up and down a bit. Otherwise it is great looking.
  Tomorrow I'm going to play with it some more but, this looks really
promising. I've simply connected the video out directly to the H input
on that converter. Next I'm going to play with levels and resistors and
caps, I might even play with the vertical line also but, I have a pretty
good feeling this GBS 8200 is going to work just fine.

George R.