[Coco] FPGA 6809

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Tue Sep 1 13:41:07 EDT 2015

Ok, here's a quick question for anyone who cares.  I am using NitrOS9
Level2 6809 on a CoCo3 FPGA.  I am trying to compare two files.  One is
a module that I've just assembled and I'm comparing it against the same
module that is on my working boot disk.

So, the assembler creates a file called 'REL' and I have SAVEd the REL
module from memory (save REL-m REL).  Notice that I named the file
'Rel-m' to differentiate it from the file I just assembled.  Now this is
the interesting part:  When I try to "dump REL-m" I get an Error #235
(Bad name) and if I give it a full path name "dump /sd1/cmds/Rel-m" I
get an Error #221 (Module not found).  If I simply rename the file to
"Relm" then I have no problem.  Is the hyphen character somehow
disallowed or is it a special character?  I can rename and manipulate
files with hyphens in the name but it appears that 'dump' doesn't like
it.

Dave Philipsen